What is Flame Detection?
Flame Detection is a fire detection system that uses Infra-Red Radiation to identify the presence of a fire. It is commonly used to protect large open areas such as warehouses, open external storage yards, and the Waste Management Industry.
- They detect radiation with a band width of 4.4 micrometers – the specific radiation emitted by the production of carbon dioxide during hydro-carbon combustion, making them extremely reliable
- With a range of 50m, there isn’t a delay in waiting for smoke or heat to rise to the roof
- At a distance of 30m a flammable vapour explosion can be detected in 0.6 seconds, and an average 30cm x 30cm fire in 1.6 seconds.
- Mounted in a solid stainless steel container for durability and long-term effectiveness
- Fitted with connection for air-purge connection to keep the lens clean in dusty environments
- IP66 & 68-rated against dust and water ingress, and ATEX-rated for explosive environments
We provide a Triple-IR Flame Detector. This includes 3 different sensors, one detecting 4.4 micrometer wavelengths, one a slightly smaller wavelength, and one a slightly larger wavelength. This makes the detector an extremely reliable solution, providing extra protection against false alarm activations. This has been proven in the significant number of successful tests with many of the common false alarm causes, including welding, grinding and direct sunlight.
If you have any questions, visit our Contact Us page and out team will be happy to help.